Friday, June 17, 2011

Scrapbook Layouts: Birthday Girl Scrapbook Page

First off before I show the picture of the scrapbook pages Mom and I have made this week I want to apologize to everyone that has visited the blog this week looking for our challenge scrapbook pages. Mom and I missed a whole week of work because my computer’s motherboard and battery went out. The technician should have been here to fix my computer the next day, but instead it took almost a week to get my parts in. By the time I got my computer fixed I had to make up for lost time at work. I need my computer for our scrapbook blog as well as my work, so I was way behind. Without further ado, here is my challenge that should have been posted last week. If you don’t remember the challenge check out the blog post HERE.

100_0992 (300x225)

I must admit this page was an absolute nightmare for me to finish. I tried three different layouts with different scrapbook papers and page layouts before I finally decided on this page. My problem wasn’t incorporating the themes which were birthday and playtime because I had the perfect pictures to incorporate both, but with the plaid theme that I choose. I had to incorporate pink and plaid… I was excited about the color pink (it’s my favorite color), but I wasn’t excited about incorporating plaid into my scrapbook page layout…..I HATE plaid and I couldn’t get a layout to look right with plaid. When I finally put this page together, which was very simple, I was very happy with it! Sometimes less is more with a scrapbook page.


Items Needed:

 Fiskars 1298937797 Fiskars 12" Personal Paper Trimmer, 10-Sheet Capacity, 12" Cut Length
Cre8-a-Page 8.5x11 Fluorescent/Neon Cardstock Multi-Color Pack, 25 Sheets, 5 Colors Card Stock
Cricut Cartridge, Paper Lace

I didn’t really use any particular items for this birthday girl scrapbook page because it’s mainly hot pink and neon green cardstock and a generic pink plaid paper from Michaels that I picked up a couple of months ago when they had their paper on sale. For more about saving money at Michaels and A.C. Moore check out my previous post about looking for coupons in the Sunday paper Here.

The only popular product that I did use for the main embellishments on this page was the CRICUT PAPER LACE CARTRIDGE. I used the Paper Lace cartridge for the title and the pink and white flower cut out on the bottom-right corner of the scrapbook pages main photograph.

HOW IT WAS MADE:

I started off with a 12x12 plain white background. On the white background I cut a piece of 12x12 pink plaid scrapbook paper down to fit 3/4 of the page, but left the white background peeking around the edges about a quarter of an inch to add a little dimension and bring out the white in the plaid and white lettering I added later. I cut a two inch strip of hot pink cardstock and glued it to the left side of the page and covered the seam with a piece of two inch neon green cardstock overlapping the hot pink and plaid paper.
I printed these photos from a computer program and with my printer, so that I could adjust the size of my pictures to perfectly fit the layout. The small pictures were glued to the green strip, creating a movie reel look, and were according to my photo editing program “thumb print” size. I covered the edges of the photos and green paper to make them look as if they were connected to one another with neon green ribbon that has a white stitched edge down each side.
The last things I added were the embellishments made with the PAPER LACE CRICUT CARTRIDGE. I cut the individual letters out at 1 or 1 1/2” I can’t remember which. For some reason I can’t get the setting right to make capital letters on this cartridge, so if anyone can give me a heads up let me know in the comments section. I tried every setting for every letter and couldn’t get it to work so that’s why the letters for the “Birthday Girl” titled scrapbook page are all lower-cased. The flower was cut out in pink at 3” and 2 1/2” in white cardstock. The flower is on page 36 of the PAPER LACE instruction manual and the buttons that should be pressed on your CRICUT MACHINE are “Flower 7” followed by the “Base Shadow” button on the left side of the key pad. I then placed a green number two sticker in the center of the flower cut out to symbolize how old my little girl was in this picture.
Leave your comments on what you think of the layout. I think it turned out great! Don’t forget to add a link to your challenge if you made one for this challenge too. Feel free to give us any pointers, what you would’ve added or how much you like it.
Now get to scrappin’ those scrapbooks and keepsakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts