Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Homemade Card Making: Let It Snow Christmas Card

Mom and I figured since the website was called scrapbooks and keepsakes, that we should showcase other items on our blog besides just scrapbook pages, which can get boring since we tend to work on various paper crafts from time to time. This card is the first homemade greeting card I’ve ever made and I am so proud of it. I love snowflakes, they are so beautiful and that is where I got my inspiration for this card.

100_1047 (225x300)

 

 

Do the color schemes of these relaxing blues make you think of curling up by the fire with a blanket and a warm cup of cocoa on a snowy day in December? I didn’t struggle with this homemade card like I thought I would, even though it was my first attempt. The only thing that reminded me of the Christmas holidays were the rubber stamps I selected from our Christmas/Winter selection. The rubber stamps actually came from a dollar store called the Mighty Dollar in the North Carolina area and the scrapbook selection in this store is out of this world. The Mighty Dollar features tons of products from K&Company as well as Making Memories, which is who created these stamps. To read about what else you can purchase from dollar stores to use on your scrapbook pages read the article Scrapbooking On A Budget.

The small snowflake stamps dipped in the darker ink were clear-acrylic un-mounted stamps that I randomly placed on a medium sized block, to create a one of a kind image using several stamps from different making memories Christmas and winter stamp collections. The larger snowflake in the center was stamped in embossing adhesive with a light blue embossing powder added to the adhesive. Some of the snowflakes have some glitter glue to add a little more on the card. The let it snow at the bottom of the page is stamped in the same color blue as the snowflakes and is also a stamp I found in one of the Making Memory stamp collections I found at the dollar store Mighty Dollar.

The inside of my card features a blue stamped image that says “Merry Christmas” in cursive on white cardstock and features the same blue polka dot scrapbook paper behind it as the front of my homemade card.

This card is a great choice for beginners that have embossing tools; however, someone that wishes to focus on card making, but doesn’t have the embossing tools can simply stamp the center snowflake in a light blue ink.

I know a lot of paper craft creators are starting to focus on digital scrapbooking and digital paper crafts, but it’s still not the same as creating the gift completely with your hands and makes it more personal.

So go ahead and get a jump start on your Christmas card mailing list and start making those homemade greeting cards now. This card can be done in a matter of a few minutes, making it a perfect homemade card choice for those with a long mailing list for the holidays. Friends and family will be calling you all holiday season, thanking you for this beautiful holiday card that they receive in the mail.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Windows Live Tags: Homemade,Card,Christmas,scrapbook,paper,December,Winter,Merry,tools,gift,keepsakes,collections,creators,snowflakes,rubber,snowflake,digital

WordPress Tags: Homemade,Card,Christmas,scrapbook,paper,December,Winter,Merry,tools,gift,keepsakes,collections,creators,snowflakes,rubber,snowflake,digital

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts