Sunday, November 6, 2011

Scrapbook Page Challenge: Playing in the Mud

This week I decided to enter a scrapbook challenge at The Color Throw down Blog. The challenge was to create a scrapbook page or card using three specific colors: old olive, baja breeze and crumb cake. I decided to use some pictures of me and the kids playing in the mud after a rainstorm. It actually turned out better than I thought.

I struggled with this challenge believe it or not. I don’t usually choose colors like this and because I struggled with the colors I struggled with putting the page together. That is the reason I picked this challenge this week, it got me out of my comfort zone and I am very pleased with the results of my scrapbook page creation.

100_1374

I think the page turned out really, really well. All of the scrapbook page embellishments are made using the cricut cutter. I made the letter “M” using the “Day at the Zoo” cricut cartridge and the brown background that looks like a mud puddle behind the pictures is a border from the cricut cartridge “Paper Lace”.

The “day at the zoo” cartridge has really cute lettering as well as cut outs for animals. The “paper lace” cartridge is very feminine and elegant, a great choice for girly pages.

The letters that spell “mud” are chipboard letters and give the page a nice three-dimensional or raised effect. I’ve been wanting to use these pictures for awhile and struggled with a color scheme to use, but I think that this turned out really nice. Let me know what you guys think.

Get to scrappin’ those scrapbooks and keepsakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts